RAID ADVANCED FREEDIVER (Intermediate / Advanced 20 - 30 metres)
This course introduces more advanced techniques and expands on the safety aspects of deep diving. The student will learn how to train effectively, be performance oriented and learn advanced drills and equalisation techniques.
- Management (Introduction, review from RAID FREEDIVER, advanced freediver knowledge section, thoracic stretching, free-fall, henry's law, rigging floats and ropes for freediving, visualisation - managing fear and doubt, review from RAID FREEDIVER)
- Confined water session (confined water sessions 1 & 2; Introduction, freediving equipment, confined water skills, swim 400 metres, advanced )
- Open water session (open water sessions 1, 2, 3 & 4; buddy procedures, duck dive and correct positioning, finning, streamlining, frenzel equalisation, free-fall technique & final course requirements)
- To be certified as RAID FREEDIVER / AIDA 2* / PADI FREEDIVER)
- 15 years of age
- To have filled out waiver, release, medical & parental consent form (up to 18 years of age)
- To complete the course within 6 months
- 1 person - 380€
- 2 persons - 340€
- 3 persons - 320€
Certification cost & equipment included. All prices are inclusive of VAT
AIDA 3*, PADI ADVANCED FREEDIVER, SSI level 2
It is run over 3 days and includes 3 theory sessions, 2 confined water sessions and 4 open water dives. Once you have completed all the necessary requirements we will use the rest of the time to either practice the skills you have learnt or have some fun exploring Malta's underwater mystique. The choice is yours.
Once completed, you will be certified by RAID and be able to dive to depths from 20 to 30 metres comfortably, properly and effectively whilst at the same time knowing how to buddy / safety other freedivers.