RAID FREEDIVER (Beginner / Intermediate 10 - 20 metres)
This course is where the real stuff happens and is a good starting point for those with previous diving experience or who are already comfortable with the underwater environment. It is also a natural progression for those who have begun with the discover freediving course.
- Physiology (Feediving elements, The dive reflex, lungs and the role of oxygen and carbon dioxide, Physics - understanding pressure & stretching)
- Safety (Rescue, how to manage black outs / shallow water black outs / hypoxic fit, Lung squeeze, freediving & scuba diving)
- Management (equalisation, breathing for freediving, recovery breathing, freediving techniques, the buddy system, correct weighting, adventure freediving, freediving & training for freediving)
- Confined water session (confined water session 1 & 2; swim 200 metres, freediving preparation, freediving skills, freediving safety, freediving completion)
- Open water session (open water sessions 1 & 2; freediving preparation, freediving skills, freediving safety, freediving completion & final requirements)
- 12 years of age
- To have filled out waiver, release, medical & parental consent form (up to 18 years of age)
- To complete the course within 6 months
Course price (3 days)
- 1 person - 330€
- 2 persons - 300€
- 3 persons - 290€
Course price (2 day option)
We offer a 2 day option for the price of 270 € for those who who are extremely comfortable with the water and wish to do it in a short amount of time. We go over the exact same things as we do with the 3 day course, however much more condensed; we start earlier than usual and finish a little later.
50€ Certification cost, equipment & transport to & from dive sites. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
AIDA 2*, PADI FREEDIVER, SSI level 1
It is run over 3 days and includes theory sessions, 2 confined water sessions and minimum 2 open water dives. Once you have completed all the necessary requirements we will use the rest of the time to either practice the skills you have learnt or have some fun exploring Malta's underwater mystique. The choice is yours.
Once completed, you will be certified by RAID and be able to dive to depths from 10 to 20 metres comfortably, properly and effectively whilst at the same time knowing how to buddy / safety other freedivers.